29-Jun-2010 novatest01 log¶
Here are the steps that I used to package XmlRpc++ for UPS/UPD on novatest01:
- Downloaded xmlrpc++0.7.tar.gz from http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmlrpcpp/files.
- logged into the products account
- <font color="red">important note</font>: I needed to make sure that I had not set up our SRT development environment before, or after, I logged into the products account. If there were any "make" env vars in my shell environment, then the implicit rules in the XmlRpc++ makefiles did not work.
- 'cd /nova/ups'
- 'mkdir xmlrpcpp'
- 'cd xmlrpcpp'
- 'mkdir v0_7'
- 'cd v0_7'
- 'tar --gunzip -xvf <downloadDir>/xmlrpc++0.7.tar.gz'
- 'mv xmlrpc++0.7 Linux64bit+2.6-2.5'
- 'cd Linux64bit+2.6-2.5'
- modified test/Validator.cpp to avoid an ambiguous overload for operator += on line 140
- 'mkdir include'
- 'cd include'
- 'ln -s ../src XmlRpc'
- 'cd ..'
- 'mkdir ups'
- created ups/xmlrpcpp.table
- 'ups declare -c -z /nova/ups -f Linux64bit+2.6-2.5 -r /nova/ups/xmlrpcpp/v0_7/Linux64bit+2.6-2.5 -m xmlrpcpp.table xmlrpcpp v0_7'
Steps used to switch from using the XmlRpc CVS package to the xmlrpcpp UPS product:
- Created the SRT_NOVADAQ/SoftRelTools/arch_spec_xmlrpcpp.mk file
- Removed XmlRpc from the onlsetup/nova-online-packages-development file
- Added xmlrpcpp v0_7 to the onlsetup/nova-ups-products-development file
- Edited NovaSpillServer/cxx/src/GNUmakefile and NovaSpillServer/cxx/test/GNUmakefile to use arch_spec_xmlrpcpp.mk instead of the locally built libXmlRpc.a.