22-Sep-2009 novatest01 log¶
<font color="red">NOTE on 12-May-2010: I am fairly confident that this build would not work on the DCM. When I tried to reproduced thse instructions with nova_crosscompiler v4_1_2-2_3_6, it seemed like compiler tools in /usr/bin were being used insteach of cross-compiler tools, and that problem probable affected this earlier compilation. I've undeclared this version from UPS and UPD. --KAB</font>
22-Sep-2009, KAB (this work continued on 23-Sep...)
Here are the steps that I used to build and package EPICS for LinuxPPC:
- downloaded baseR3.14.10.tar.gz from http://www.aps.anl.gov/epics/base/R3-14/10.php
- (If I set up UPD before logging into the products account, I use
'setup -j upd'to avoid getting an old version of Perl.)
- logged into the products account on novatest01.fnal.gov (logged in as myself, then ksu-ed to root, and su-ed to products)
'mkdir v3_14_10_nova1'(if needed)
'tar --gunzip -xvf <download_directory>/baseR3.14.10.tar.gz'
'mv base-3.14.10 LinuxPPC'
'cp <RMSDEMO_EPM_DIR>/epics_base_3.14.10.patch .'(The patch file is available from the "epm" package inside the RMS demo. So, you can check the demo out of CVS and copy the file from the rmsDemo/epm subdirectory.)
'patch -p1 <epics_base_3.14.10.patch'
- edited configure/CONFIG_SITE to set the CROSS_COMPILER_TARGET_ARCHS parameter to "linux-ppc"
'setup nova_crosscompiler v4_1_0-2_3_6 -q powerpc-603'
'cp ../../Linux64bit+2.6-2.5/ups/epics.table .'
- verified that epics.table looked reasonable
'ups declare -c -f LinuxPPC -r /fnal/ups/prd/epics/v3_14_10_nova1/LinuxPPC -m epics.table epics v3_14_10_nova1'
I have not yet declared this version of EPICS to UPD. I would like to test it on real DCM hardware to verify that it works first.