Calibration tags » History » Version 32
Official location of backup calibration CSV files in the case of database failures
Self-explanatory directory structure.
(Setting a newer tag falls back to an older version where necessary)
The results of latest attenuation fits are displayed for each channel on this webpage
Legacy (pre Validity Database)¶
- Attenuation constants for NDOS data and MC, ND and FD MC
- Absolute calibration hardcoded into Calibrator
- MC calibrations are for untuned MC
- No corrections for threshold effects applied
- Exact datasets used lost in the mists of time
- Attenuation and absolute calibration constants for FD data and MC
- No drift constants
- MC calibrations are for untuned MC
- Data calibration are for diblocks 1 and 2, from runs 11496-11555 (cold, high gain), using Kanika's good runs list
- Threshold effect corrections included, but taken from untuned MC
- Confusion around updated PE/ADC conversions leads to 20% shift in absolute scale
- Attenuation and absolute constants for FD MC
- No drift constants, no data constants
- Calibrations are for tuned MC (S14-03-05)
- Datasets in SAM: prodcalib_S14-03-05_FDCry_pclist prodcalib_S14-03-05_FDCry_pcliststop
- Reco/True flat to ~1% except beyond +/-700cm, approx 2% low of unity
- MC constants unchanged from v2
- New attenuation and absolute calibration constants for FD data
- Attenuation using corrections determined from v2 tuned MC
- Constants for the first 4 diblocks based on data from run 13153 (Feb 15 2014) - 14029 (March 18 2014)
- Datasets in SAM: prodcalib_S14-03-24_FD_data_cosmic_pclist and prodcalib_S14-03-24_FD_data_cosmic_pcliststop
- Snapshots: prodcalib_S14-03-24_FD_data_cosmic_pclist_snap14-03-28 and prodcalib_S14-03-24_FD_data_cosmic_pcliststop_snap14-04-09
- PCList Dimensions: file_type importedSimulated and data_tier pclist and simulated.generator cry and nova.label beta and calibration.base_release 'S14-03-06' and the snapshot id is 15034
- PCListStop Dimensions: ischildof: (isparentof: (snapshot_id 15034)) and data_tier pcliststop and calibration.base_release S14-03-24" and the snapshot id is 15191
Same as v3, but with "averaged" data attenuation constants included, for use in diblocks that are not yet calibrated.
Data from runs 14592 (start of 10Hz triggering) to 15585 (last run before P1 has diblocks missing from the middle)
- Datasets in SAM: prodcalib_S14-03-24_FD_data_cosmic_pclist_for_v4 and prodcalib_S14-03-24_FD_data_cosmic_pcliststop_for_v4
- Snapshots: prodcalib_S14-03-24_FD_data_cosmic_pclist_for_v4_snap14-05-11 and prodcalib_S14-03-24_FD_data_cosmic_pcliststop_for_v4_snap14-05-11
The processed attenprof files: S14-06-09_FD_data_attenprofs_for_v4
Absolute calibration and averaged constants carried over from previous versions
Absolute energy scale determined "by hand" using reco/true of simulated cosmic ray hits because the production group are in a hurry.
Data from runs 10408 (full cooled detector) to 10493 (most recent processed at time of calibration)
- Datasets in SAM: prod_pclist_S14-09-29_nd_DDActivity1_keepup_snapshot25oct2014_forv5 and
The processed attenprof files: S14-10-15_ND_data_attenprofs_for_v5
The processed attenprof files: S14-09-29_ND_mc_attenprofs_for_v5
Same as v5 except that ND data absolute constants are set to be those for (v5) ND MC. This should resolve the 9% shift between data and MC that's observed in the Near Detector. The underlying problem is the selection of a lot of showering events in the ND data (docdb 12435). This is only a temporary patch until that is fixed.
Update to attenuation calibration only to fit cell-by-cell in the main body of the detector and to keep averages only for the muon catcher.
Data from runs 10408 (full cooled detector) to 10602 (most recent processed at time of calibration)
- Datasets in SAM: prod_pclist_S14-09-29_nd_DDActivity1_keepup_snapshot_dec92014
New cosmic muon selection for pchit files to improve the selection of cosmic muons dramatically.
New attenuation formula representing a small correction of the original.
New fit strategy for the muon catcher where fits are forced to converge using lowess.
FD MEU values found using Gaussian method before and mean now.
Identical to v7 except the ND data absolute energy scale has been adjusted. Data hits will now be 3.7% higher in energy.
This is the calibration version used for the First Analysis.
These are the calibrations produced prior to the second analysis or prod2. These calibrations are the first since a major re-tune of the simulated light levels in the detector. As a result the final calibrated energy for a given ADC signal has gone up by around 40%. Details can be found in docdb-14727 and references therein.
For the first time this calibration includes validity periods. That is to say two FD calibrations are provided, one for low gain (100) data/MC and a second for high gain (150) data/MC. As a result new naming conventions were brought in to differentiate between periods, as was new calibrator logic. This logic is explained on this page: calibration-tagging. The CSV files that match these calibrations are in the UPS product v08.02 (note this is not the same thing as a calibration tag - although the two are often tightly coupled). In the process of creating this product two earlier versions were made:
- v08.00 - has the wrong FD data calibrations in and should not be used. * v08.01 - has a bug in the whitespace for the absolute calibration and should not be used.
When the dust has settled and we have a validated product these bad products will be removed.
This is the calibration used for the reco-preview files for prod 2.
These are the second analysis calibration files. They have all of the major changes included in v8. The difference with respect to v8 is that a simulation bug related to split tracks has been fixed. A comprehensive reference for this calibration will be provided in the forthcoming calibration tech note.
Mini production datasets used are as following¶
- Datasets in SAM:
- Datasets in SAM
FD data (low gain)¶
- Dataset in SAM
FD data (high gain)¶
- Dataset in SAM