Computing & Infrastructure Issues - Alex¶
- 3 new tags
- prod2reco.g, h
- New snapshot, made partially by Dan
- Dan is still sorting out some Jenkins issues.
- A new snapshot will be needed this week for keep-up reco. of antineutrinos.
- Paul is working on more documentation for the transition
- We will be taking over the keep-up processing soon.
- Still finalizing setup instructions this week.
- Vito will make the changes and run tests today.
- Alex will try them out tomorrow.
- Once instructions go out, do not delay since the first step requires submitting a service desk ticket.
- Where to receive email reports?
- Dedicated Slack channel.
- Raw2root keepup
- Sunday's files did not process (this has now been diagnosed -- FTS issue after power glitch)
- Error 250 issues in reco keepup
- Still in Ryan's court
- All seems to correspond to a particular day.
- 1 file has failed repeatedly and needs to be marked corrupt.
- High intensity MC
- Is proceeding slowly. 75% complete.
- Cannot get LEMServer above 50% load
- Got a set of metadata to include. Will work this week on implementing.
- Request to run reco. on the DDupmu sample. Expected to require O(100k) CPUh.
- Does not require LEMServer
- Needed for results at ICHEP
- Given OK to proceeed. Should not interfere with Adam's LEM-limited jobs or Vlad's off-site RHC.
- Fiber Brightness Cry sample
- On the docket after upmu sample.
- RHC MC
- Looked at ECL, sees how to configure most things.
- Getting help from Adam directly on how to change the rock overlay rate.
- Need to comment out
- Check if the path to the files via CVMFS is available is working some places (Nenbraska, FZU).
- Need to add additional check for CVMFS version since the path will be visible but not accessible sometimes.
- SRT in Docker
- Working to fix an issue setting up novasoft in docker containers which report the "wrong" kernel version for SL6.
- A nova-controlled script was modified which should lead to a straightforward fix, but it is not being picked up in Ken's tests.
- Could potentially requires changes in the SoftRelTools produce.
- Is SoftRelTools being maintained anymore? If not, that poses a worry for long-term maintenance.