Break Point Fitter (hereafter BPF) is a suite of different packages. It contains a particle tracker, a muon PID generator, and an event level energy estimator (currently under development.)
References:The tracker fits FuzzyK prongs based on a Coulomb multiple scattering model:
- docDB 12241: Intro to the tracking algorithm.
- docDB 13201: A more picture-based intro to the tracking method.
- docDB 12173: A more technical intro that walks through some of the code.
- docDB 14249: Michael's dissertation - a lengthy read, but just skip to the end of the reco chapter...
- docDB 12403: Intro to the BPF dE/dx calculator.
- docDB 12694: Summary of the whole BPF dE/dx log-likelihood calculation method.
- docDB 14249: Michael's dissertation (again...)
- docDB 16575: Summary of work done by Jonathan Davies to retrain the muon PID as a BDT.
- docDB 18348: A first look at muon finding efficiency and track completeness and purity.
- docDB 18729: A second look at muon finding efficiency and track energy resolution.
- docdb 18714: First pass at a numu energy estimator using PID by truth and BPF energy.
Current Primary Developers/Authors:
Contact us if you are interested in joining the BPF efforts! There is also a NOvA slack channel for BPF development and issues (#bpf).