Literature on MongoDB¶
- Ridiculously fast MongoDB replica recovery Part 1 of 2 March 14, 2016.
- Tutorial: Migrating MongoDB and its data between servers using Docker 19 January 2016
- MongoDB’s licensing changes led Red Hat to drop the database from the latest version of its server OS January 16, 2019
- Ransomware groups have deleted over 10,000 MongoDB databases Jan 6, 2017
- ServerDensity's Monitoring MongoDB - the list of monitoring metrics looks interesting. Here is an older article from the same company.
- Does it make sense to run Mongodb within Kubernetes ? Dec 18, 2017
- CERN CMS/MongoDB (article about DAS , developed by V. Kuznetsov)
- MMAP Storage Engine ( from Learn MongoDB The Hard Way )
- Automating MongoDB log rotation
- MongoDB Commands Reference
- MongoDB Security Checklist
- MongoDB Administration
- MongoDB Replication
- MongoDB Production Operations Checklist
- MongoDB Memory Usage
- FAQ: MongoDB Storage
- Running MongoDB with Kubernetes
- Supported platforms and Recommended platforms
- Configuration Options
- Rotate log files
- Install MongoDB Community Edition on Red Hat or CentOS
- Default MongoDB port
- MongoDB data import
- Role based access control, built-in roles, and privilege actions
- Overview of the MongoDB Database Profiler
- Monitoring for MongoDB
- Free monitoring (currently disabled)
MongoDB features and hints.¶
- MongoDB Cheat Sheet
- MongoDB: allows sharding from version 1.6.
- The Linux package init scripts do not expect storage.dbPath to change from the defaults. If you use the Linux packages and change storage.dbPath, you will have to use your own init scripts and disable the built-in scripts.
- Security features
- MongoDB drivers
- Node.JS MongoDB Driver Manual Contents, MongoClient how to connect...
- Mongodump and Mongorestore vs Mongoexport and Mongoimport
- In-Memory Storage Engine
- AuditLog option is available only in MongoDB Enterprise and MongoDB Atlas ( see docs )
Shard - Today, the term "shard" refers to the deployment and use of redundant hardware across database systems.
Replica set - a cluster of MongoDB servers that implements replication and automated failover.