Installation of LBNE software¶
- LBNE Software Releases
- Software Installation
- Software Environment Setup
- Offsite Computing Issues
Links to software sub-projects¶
Design notes and metrics of LBNE detectors and data¶
FD: 10 kt underground 80 APA design, 3.45m drift¶
- TPC Channel Count: 204,800
- PD Channel Count: 800
- ADC sampling rate: 2 MHz
- Drift velocity: 1.6 mm/usec
- ADC samples per drift window: 4312 (+ some for cosmics)
- Total raw data per drift window (16 bits/channel/sample): 1.8 GBytes
plus photon data plus extra readout before and after drift window,
let's call it 2 GB.
- Zero-suppressed beam neutrino scattering event: 10 MBytes, without noise
Assume similar for atmospheric neutrinos and cosmogenics.
Surface events are ~300 Mbytes but have ~100 cosmics on them.
- We can always dial our zero-suppression thresholds down to the point
where we collect 39Ar decay data and other radiologicals, but we
only want a fraction of that data.
- Beam events: LBNE ME row of Table 4.1 of DocDB 8087
19318 (=numu osc + nue_beam + numu_NC + nutau + nue CC osc largest option)
in 50 kt years, scale down by factor of 5 for 10 kT and get: 4K events/yr in 10 kt.
- Atmospheric neutrinos: Table 4.11 in DocDB 8087
28769 interactions in 100 kt-years: 3K events/yr in 10 kt
- ND, about 100 kbytes/spill, for 80% uptime: 2.4 TB/year.
Earlier mail from Tom (10/18/13) mentioned 100MB per event in the surface option (just for reference).
Assuming 30MB per event (for the 34t), we still end up with 1PB per year.