John Freeman, Mar-4-2017:
This wiki page used to contain instructions on how to run the classic DAQInterface application for the 35ton experiment. Since 35ton, DAQInterface has been modified, and is now designed for general use across all experiments. Getting it installed and running takes only a couple of minutes; see https://cdcvs.fnal.gov/redmine/projects/artdaq-utilities/wiki/Artdaq-daqinterface for how to do this. Note that the linked instructions assume that you're working with the artdaq-demo DAQ software package rather than protoDUNE's lbne-artdaq DAQ software package; consequently the following modifications to the instructions on the new DAQInterface wiki apply
- After checking out artdaq-utilities-daqinterface, you'll want to perform the following edits above and beyond those described on the main DAQInterface wiki:
- Edit the .components.txt file to include rces, etc.
- In .settings, set "daq_setup_script" to
setupLBNEARTDAQand "package_hashes_to_save" to
[ lbne-artdaq, lbne-raw-data, artdaq ]
- Make sure bin/rootfile_event_count.sh uses the correct path to the setup script inside the root macro it creates
- In rc/control/daqinterface.py, change
from rc.control.config_functions_local import get_config_info_base from rc.control.config_functions_local import put_config_info_base
from rc.control.config_functions_database import get_config_info_base from rc.control.config_functions_database import put_config_info_base
and switch the token
bookkeeping_for_fhicl_documents_artdaq_v2_basein the two locations where it appears to
- Edit rc/control/config_functions_database.py's config_basedir() function to return the correct directory
- If you plan to use bin/just_do_it.sh, set the configuration name it uses properly - i.e., replace the "demo" token in the line
config="demo"with the name of the configuration you want to use.
- If you plan on performing any runs using FHiCL from the old lbne-daq-config repo rather than the database, (A) make sure you've cloned lbne-daq-config somewhere, (B) revert the get_config_info_base and put_config_info_base edits described above, (C) make sure you've replaced the "simple_test_config" path in the config_dirname variable in ./rc/control/config_functions_local.py , and (D) adjust the just_do_it.sh configuration name.