LBNE Beam Simulation Group Wiki¶
To be added to this project you need a Fermilab Services account. If you have never had a Services Account or just simply do not remember your password, follow this link, Services Account .
LBNE Beam Simulation Group Mailing List¶
The name of the Beam Simulation Group mailing list is lbne-bm-sim (address firstname.lastname@example.org). To subscribe to the list (or manage your subscription) follow the directions Fermilab listserv Instructions for Users
Fermilab Computing Access¶
First time users need a Services and a Kerberos Account and you might as well get a Crypto Card while your at it.
- Fermilab Computing Access: Kerberos Ticket Help
G4LBNE is kept in a CVS Repository.
- For Read Only access to G4LBNE execute:
cvs -d :pserver:email@example.com:/cvs/projects/lbne-beamsim checkout lbne-beamsim/g4lbne
- For Read/Write access to G4LBNE follow these steps.
- Get a Fermilab Services Account
- Log into Redmine using the "Log in" link at the upper right corner of the wiki.
- Email Laura Fields (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kevin Yarritu(email@example.com) to request read/write access to the repository. Await a response.
- Once you have confirmation that you have been given read/write access execute:
cvs -d :ext:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvs/projects/lbne-beamsim checkout lbne-beamsim/g4lbne
Now you have a directory called lbne-beamsim and inside there is a directory called g4lbne (and a CVS directory). Inside the g4lbne directory there is a README.txt file.....READ IT.
G4LBNE requires the installation of GEANT4, CLHEP (normally comes for the ride with GEANT4) and ROOT. We ALWAYS want to use the same versions of each of these products when runnning G4LBNE. Ultimately we would like to have a single script or set of scripts which installs THE SAME VERSIONS of g4lbne, geant4, clhep and root, at every location. Brett Viren has started such a script . We need someone to take it over, understand, develop it and ultimately provide instructions here for its use at any location. For the time being we have the following...
- On Fermilab machines with access to the "nusoft" area; pretty much any Fermilab Linux machine (I think). Since this is intended currently for LBNE, lets say on lbnegpvm machines.
Once you have g4lbne from CVS, you have a directory called lbne-beamsim and inside there is a directory called g4lbne (and a CVS directory). Inside the g4lbne directory there is a README.txt file.....READ IT. It provides all one needs to know for compiling and running g4lbne on Fermilab, aka. lbnegpvm machines.
- At Brookhaven National Laboratory.
It has been installed via grinst
- At the University of Colorado at Boulder
SAY SOMETHING HERE.
- Once you have g4lbne from CVS, you have a directory called lbne-beamsim and inside there is a directory called g4lbne (and a CVS directory). Inside the g4lbne directory there is a README.txt file.....READ IT. It provides all one needs to know for running g4lbne.
How to Run on the Fermigrid¶
Simulation Run Catalog¶
A record of the simulation runs that are being performed with G4LBNE.