The release instructions¶
- Checkout a fresh copy of the head of g4lbnf (assuming the head is what you want to tag as a release):
git clone ssh://email@example.com/cvs/projects/lbne-beamsim/g4lbne.git <new_release_name>
- cd <new_release_name>
- cmake .
- make all (to make sure the head builds at least -- ideally you've also done tests that nothing else has broken!)
- emacs -nw ReleaseNotes.txt (update to say what has changed)
- emacs -nw ProductionScripts/submit_flux.py (make <new_release_name> the default version to tag output files with)
- emacs -nw ProductionScripts/merge_histograms.py (ditto)
- git add ReleaseNotes.txt ProductionScripts/submit_flux.py ProductionScripts/merge_histograms.py
- git commit -m "Updating release notes and submission script for new release <new_release_name>"
- git push
- git tag -a <new_release_name> -m "G4LBNE Version <new_release_name>"
- git tag (you should see your new tag at the end of the list)
- git push --tags