Notes from protoDUNE SP DAQ review November 2016 » History » Version 4
Notes from protoDUNE SP DAQ review November 2016¶
04-Nov-2016, KABShort-term to-do items:
- send instructions for the TriggeredFragmentGenerator demo to Frank Filthaut
- Both from discussions with Frank and Wes, it seems like an artdaq developer's workshop would be helpful. To make this most useful, we will need to develop a step-by-step tutorial that demonstrates some of the most likely needs of developers. And, the artdaq-skeleton would be useful for this.
- Reliable sending (TCP) of trigger/pull messages is expected.
- Decoupled event flow and metrics gathering/reporting is expected.
- review the talks from the review and understand the timeline
- Redmine Issues and release plan
- talk to people about the merging of the BI and CRT data
- learn and/or influence the design of the DAQ cluster (servers, networking, disks)
- it would probably be good to split up our configuration step before trying to integrate with JCOP
- test on CentOS7
- provide a tarball that Giovanna can use for testing artdaq disk writing on an Atlas disk appliance (available after 07-Dec) *
- art and artdaq FHiCL parameters explanation; for example, are "endPaths" optional or required?
- how does one make scripts to drive the system and monitor its state?
- we could create a "toy" experiment, including a test driver
- how does one update artdaq versions and where does one find the list of ones available?