Tips on updating your code after LArSoft release¶
- Table of contents
- Tips on updating your code after LArSoft release
LArSoft releases happen often, and code that worked fine with one version might even not work on the next.
Here is some tips on updating your code so that it's back and rocking.
Updating an existing MRB area¶
There are a few steps.
- Log in to a fresh session.
- Set up the latest version of
larsoftwith the qualifiers you want to use (e.g.
- Move to your local development area.
- Create a new local products area:
mrb newDev -p
- (Optional) delete the old product area. This is not required, but if you keep it around it may confuse
- Setup the new product area
- Update all of your checked out repositories to head:
cd srcs/<repo1> git pull cd ../<repo2> git pull ...
- Do a clean build
mrb z mrbsetenv mrb i <your favorite options>
For a detailed example (from a particular project, so there is some project-specific information), look at Upgrade_to_LArSoft_6
Dealing with breaking changes¶
If you're unsure what a breaking change is, read the description of breaking changes
To help in fixing, there is important information in the Breaking Changes wiki page.
Specific code updates¶
- how to update Adopting new ROOT vector and matrix classes