Old LArSoftWiki » History » Version 70
If you are looking for the legacy cvs-based LArSoft site that was previously hosted on this site, note that all content has been moved to LArSoft cvs (legacy site).
If you are looking for the legacy svn-based LArSoft site, go here.
- Table of contents
- LArSoftWiki (beta)
- Release notes
- Walk-through exercises
- LArSoft code management and distribution procedures
- Working areas
This is the beta LArSoft redmine project and the future home of the LArSoft redmine project.
This page is in beta and content is still under construction. Will go live when the migration to git/cmake is completed.
The LArSoft software is designed to work for all planned and running liquid argon experiments at Fermilab. It is written in C++ and built on the ROOT data analysis software, and the art analysis framework supported by the Fermilab Scientific Computing Division for intensity frontier experiments.
To join the LArSoft mailing list, please follow these instructions using the list name LARSOFT.
- Beta testers: read this first
- Fermilab computing accounts: see the instructions on the [[larsoftsvn:Fermilab Computing Access]] page if you need an account.
- See [[larsoftsvn:Load Balanced Access to General Purpose VMs]] for information on accessing experiment VMs at Fermilab (e.g., lbnegpvm0X, uboonegpvm0X, etc., collectively known as GPCF.).
- See the documentation section for information on working with/developing LArSoft code, and using git, git flow, mrb and other tools you will need.
- The procedures and tools for building and developing software with this system are completely different from those of the previous system based on svn repositories and the SoftRelTools build system. See the documentation section for details.
Where to find the software¶
|Release||Date||Purpose||Changes / notes||Full release notes|
|v1.00.00||Jan 2014|| First production
| Replica of final svn-based release. Future LArSoft development
proceeds from this release.
|v0.0x.yy||12/10/2013||"beta" public release||Beta suitable for general user testing||N/A|
|v0.01.01||12/02/2013||"beta" limited release||Beta suitable for expert testing||N/A|
|v0.00.09||11/25/2013||"beta" pre-release|| Second full release under new system. First full re-factoring
of experiment-specific and core LArSoft code in the larcore,
lardata, larevt, and larsim products. Preparation for expert
user testing of beta release.
|v0.00.04||9/15/2013||"alpha" release|| First release of git/cmake/ups-based LArSoft products
Used for mrb, configuration and re-factoring
development and testing
Overview of the user and developer environment¶
Working with LArSoft¶
- LArSoft repositories, packages and dependencies * Quick-start guide to using and developing LArSoft code * Detailed documentation on using and developing LArSoft code * Special instructions for beta testers
- [[larsoftsvn:Using the Framework]] * ART Tutorial * [[larsoftsvn:NuSoft and LArSoft|nutools and LArSoft]] * Using LArSoft on the GPVM nodes
Links to the tools used in working with the software¶
- Building your own code with cmake
- Defining products in the CET build environment
- Adding Product Dependencies
- Various helpful tips for coding in the CET C++ environment
- mrb : the multi-repository build tool
- Re-locatable ups