LArSoft responsiblities for patch releases¶
Manager permissions for larsoft redmine projects¶
- Add the requested users to the larsoft redmine "Larsoft Managers" group.
- Remove users who no longer have patch release building responsibilities.
- An email should be sent to Erica Snider and Katherine Lato requesting that the users be added or removed.
Initial setup - one time steps for each set of patch releases¶
The LArSoft release manager will make the larsoft patch branches and do the housecleaning.
Make branches for the release¶
- If a release is named vaa_bb_cc, branches will be created for the larsoft/larsoftobj suite with the name vaa_bb_cc_br.
(setup the latest larreltools) setup mrb export MRB_PROJECT=larsoft mrb newDev -v vaa_bb_cc -q eN:prof source local*/setup cd $MRB_SOURCE mrb g -t LARSOFT_SUITE_vAA_BB_CC larsoft_suite mrb g -t LARSOFT_SUITE_vAA_BB_CC larsoftobj_suite dogit branch (check that you are on the head of the tag) dogit "co -b vaa_bb_cc_br" dogit "push -u origin vaa_bb_cc_br"
- Note that some older patch releases may have used a slightly different branch naming scheme.
- We do not make patches for larbatch, larutils, or larpandoracontent.
- larpandoracontent depends only on pandora.
- Any changes required in larpandoracontent are made by the UK pandora team.
- cd $MRB_SOURCE/larsoft/releaseDB
- Make sure that larutils, larbatch, and mrb are removed from the cfg scripts.
- We might streamline this by creating a small "larsoft extras" distribution that can be optionally included.
- commit and push the change