LArSoft production transition timeline¶
Here is a summary of the important dates and times for the transition:
- From now until Jan 21 – continue beta testing of the LArSoft beta release (currently larsoft v0_02_02 plus the experiment repositories uboonecode and lbnecode)
- Jan 20 18:00 – contents of existing LArSoft git repositories preserved for future reference, then deleted from the repositories
- Jan 21 07:00 – svn repository made READ-ONLY
- The svn repository will be tagged at this time and the FINAL svn-based release will be created and deployed
- Nightly builds will be disabled
- Jan 21 — Jan 22 – work on the formal transition from svn/SRT to git/mrb/ups
- The core LArSoft code will be factored into larcore, lardata, larevt, larsim, larreco, larpandora, lareventdisplay and larexamples git repositories.
- (Most) experiment specific software corresponding to the larcore, lardata, larevt and larsim repositories will be refactored into lbnecode and uboonecode repositories.
- Jan 23 – testing and validation of the first release
- Jan 24 07:00 – new system in production
- Will include installed v1_00_00 versions of all larsoft products as well as lbnecode and uboonecode
- Nightly builds will begin immediately and will be accessible as version 'nightly'
- Jan 24 to Jan 31 – quick–response to questions and issues raised to ensure that everything works as needed.