General instructions for managing software¶
- login as cvmfslarsoft@oasiscfs
- you will be in the /home/cvmfslarsoft directory
- FIFE instructions
- copied from Introduction_to_FIFE_and_Component_Services
- The files for the repository are found in /cvmfs/larsoft.opensciencegrid.org.
- They are initially read-only until a transaction is started.
- Do cvmfs_server transaction larsoft.opensciencegrid.org to initiate a transaction.
- This makes the repository writable.
- If there was a transaction already under way the command will inform you.
- Update files in /cvmfs/larsoft.opensciencegrid.org.
- If you make a mistake, all changes can be discarded and the transaction aborted by running cvmfs_server abort larsoft.opensciencegrid.org.
- Do cvmfs_server publish larsoft.opensciencegrid.org.
- This processes all the changes, makes them part of the published repository, and makes the repository read-only again.
- Updates should then appear on worker nodes typically within a half hour, but sometimes it will be longer if the update was large or if the Stratum 1 is busy with doing a large update of another repository.
Install a larsoft release¶
- The product directory is /cvmfs/larsoft.opensciencegrid.org/products
- To install any larsoft release:
cvmfs_server transaction larsoft.opensciencegrid.org ./scripts/installBundle.sh larsoft <release> <qualifiers> cvmfs_server publish larsoft.opensciencegrid.org
- The installBundle.sh script can be used to install any SciSoft distribution (e.g., nu).
- cvmfs_server transaction larsoft.opensciencegrid.org
- mkdir /cvmfs/larsoft.opensciencegrid.org/products
- create /cvmfs/larsoft.opensciencegrid.org/.cvmfsdirtab
/* /products/*/* ! *.version ! *current.chain
- rm /cvmfs/larsoft.opensciencegrid.org/test
- leave "new_repository" file in place for now
- cvmfs_server publish larsoft.opensciencegrid.org
- install scripts in /home/cvmfslarsoft/scripts
- create /home/cvmfslarsoft/temp for a working area
- installing production releases
./scripts/installBundle.sh larsoft v03_08_02 s6-e6