LArSoft Release Final Steps¶
- Table of contents
- LArSoft Release Final Steps
Make the cross package tag¶
- This step can only be done by someone with manager privileges for all the larsoft repositories.
- setup laradmin
- cp-lar-tag vxx_yy_zz <larsoftobj version>
- This will apply the tag LARSOFT_SUITE_vxx_yy_zz to the appropriate tag that was used to build vxx_yy_zz in the various larsoft repositories.
- The cross package tag must be added by hand for larutils and larbatch
- cd $MRB_SOURCE/<larbatch|larutils>
- git checkout master
- git diff <new tag for this package>
- If there are differences the cross package tag cannot be added
- git tag -a -m"LARSOFT_SUITE_vxx_yy_zz" LARSOFT_SUITE_vxx_yy_zz
- git push --tags
Update the release notes¶
- run make-release-notes (found in laradmin)
- make-release-notes <working_directory> <new tag> <old tag>
- the script will create a <new tag> subdirectory under <working_directory>, checkout the larsoft suite there, and run git log
- note that make-release-notes uses the cross package tag
- the first line in ReleaseNotes-<version> is the entry for the Release Notes table
- the remainder of the file is used to populate the release note itself
- ssh -l larsoft uboonegpvm02.fnal.gov
- cd doxygen
- ./update_lar_doxygen.sh >& update.log
Merge the changes with develop¶
- Notice that we need to make sure that the new release is available before we update the develop branch with new version numbers.
- This step should be done in $MRB_SOURCE
- tagLAr merge vxx_yy_zz
- tagLAr will merge local branch release/vxx_yy_zz with the head of develop
- if conflicts occur, the merge must be done by hand for each repository
cd $MRB_SOURCE/larpackage git checkout develop git pull git merge release/vxx_yy_zz (resolve conflicts) git push origin develop
- Once this step is complete, it is safe to remove the working directory for this release.
Announcing the release¶
- Send email announcing that the release is built and available
- Make sure you include a link to the release notes.
- Mention the purpose of the release and any feature branches needed by the experiments.
- Also include a link to the download page and list the platforms for which the binary distribution is available.