Installation procedures¶Each release of LArSoft has a release page on SciSoft
Installing a binary distribution¶
The pull script, pullProducts, will pull any release of larsoft.
A link to this script, and any instructions particular to the release, will be found on the LArSoft release page.
- Download pullProducts
- chmod +x pullProducts
- ./pullProducts [-f|-p] <product_topdir> <OS> <bundle-spec>-<version> <qual_set> <build-spec>
- Options: -f Force pull of tarball if it already exists -h This help. -l Use a local manifest. This is for development, not for production. -M Download manifest only. -p Only check for existing products in product_topdir -r Remove tarballs after downloading and unwinding. -V Print version and exit Arguments: product_topdir Top directory for relocatable-UPS products area. OS Supported os distributions: slf5, slf6, slf7, d13, d14, u14 bundle-spec Bundle name and version, e.g., larsoft-v03_04_04 qual_set Some possible qualifier sets s15-e7 s30-e9 build-spec debug or prof.
- For instance:./pullProducts /grid/fermiapp/products/larsoft slf6 larsoft-v04_08_00 s8-e7 prof
- pullProducts will check to see if products are already installed in <product_topdir> and/or $PRODUCTS, and install only those products which are not already installed.
- Notice that you do not need to run pullProducts in the product directory.
- Tarballs for each product to be installed will be copied to the directory you are in when you run pullProducts.