How to tag and build a LArSoft vx_yy_zz release¶
- Table of contents
- How to tag and build a LArSoft vx_yy_zz release
- Overview of Building a LArSoft Release
- Informal list of experiment contacts
- Archival instructions for working with redmine repositories.
- Overview of Building a LArSoft Release from redmine
- LArSoft Release Build Preliminary Steps
- Create a Working Branch
- Update versions
- Run the quick CI tests
- Create Tags for a LArSoft Release Build
- LArSoft Release Official Build
- Install for cvmfs
- LArSoft Release Final Steps
- Special Instructions for Major Releases
Builds are made with Jenkins, and tagging is done on a local development machine. The instructions presume that the local development machine has products installed in /products. If the products are installed elsewhere, use that directory.
We are using a procedure that mimics git flow instead of using it directly.
Guiding philosophy: the code should build consistently before the tagging process starts. This means that we make a test build first and commit fixes to develop if necessary. We are also now running the quick CI tests locally.
Archival instructions for working with redmine repositories.¶
Although these instructions are archival, much of the information remains relevant.