Code and Performance analysis tools » History » Version 6
Ruth Pordes, 05/05/2016 02:44 PM
h1. Code and Performance analysis tools
the following tools are available to be used with an associated expert and consultant to help. This consultation will support running the tool on the code module(s), in the interpretation of the results and in identifying specific causes of any anomolies or issues detected. Please send "email to the LArSoft team":mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in using any of these services.
* Coverity. As part of our work for the ProtoDUNE detector which will run at CERN, we are able to run LArSoft code through the analysis tool hosted there.
* clang static code analyzer.
Eventually a defined level of support and availability for this running and analysis will be available through the service desk and included as a Service Offering in the Scientific Software Service Catalog (currently under construction).
h2. Instructions and Guidelines
* igprof http://igprof.org/ the tool is available on larsoftbuild06.fnal.gov
* valgrind http://valgrind.org/
* Coverity. http://www.coverity.com/resource-library/
* clang static code analyzer. "CMS experiment toolkit":https://github.com/dpiparo/SAS "Clang documentation":http://clang.llvm.org/doxygen/