Quick start » History » Version 3
This is intended to give a sketch of how to get the essentials for a shift up and running quickly.After logging in, open a terminal and give the following commands:
- setup ftbf
- cd /home/nfs/ftbf_user/acnet
Multiple windows should appear. Open the following:
- Synoptic Viewer (D99) - gives overview of beam line info.
- PPD Params (S60) - provides beamline parameters.
- Swics (S39) - wire position setting/profile plotting.
*(Click between the 1 and the <I> on 9 and 10, then start plot.)
To start a run, open another terminal and type:
- ssh lariat-daq02 -l lariat
- go [# OF SPILLS]
to start the run. Make a record of every new run in the logbook.
Open another terminal and type
- ssh -Y email@example.com
- source ~johnnyho/setup_dqm
- cd ~lariat/dqm
- python tpc_readout.py /lariat/data/users/lariatdqm/dqm/dqm_run_[RUN]_spill_[SPILL].root
to view events. (include leading zeroes; [RUN] should be 6 digits, and [SPILL] should be 4.)