LArIAT Run 2 Shifter Instructions » History » Version 95
LArIAT Run 2 Shifter Instructions¶
Remember to call MCR (x3721) at the beginning and ending of each shift!!!
Main Control Room (internationally) +1.630.840.3721
Please don't hesitate to contact the experts when something doesn't look right!!!
Before your first shift at LArIAT Check here so you're ready.
At the start of the shift¶
- In the LArIAT e-log, fill out the Start of Shift Checklist
- Find out from the shifter before you if there are any issues.
- Refresh and read the Run Plan:
- what beam request LArIAT wants
- any interruptions to expect
- special conditions or known problems
During the shift¶
The shifter is responsible to restart the run if it ends, and to ensure that the data are of the highest quality.
- If you have questions, use Google Hangouts: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get invitation.
- If that doesn't work please call an expert! LArIAT Call List
Starting a new run¶
- In the DAQ terminal window, type
go 500Detailed DAQ instructions
- The DAQ should make an e-log entry for your automatically.
- Special cases (if experts ask you to help):
During an ongoing run¶Beam
- Monitor the beam status using the instructions in the Using ACNET for monitoring, namely
- the S60 page of ACNET and
- the profile plots for MC7WC1 and MC7WC2.
- From ~ftbf_user/acnet or ~lariat/acnet, run
./LArIATViewer.shto open the Synoptic displays.
- Run Status Webpage to monitor the run status (run number, number of spills, number of triggers, etc)
- Note that, on the Run Status Webpage, if the run time appears red, and the spills stop increasing, the run has come to a stop. It will also speak an audible alert, once. Start a new run immediately.
- Sometimes the Run Status page freezes. Refresh it to check.
- Online DQM to check basic data integrity.
- Use the event viewer to see TPC events. See Event Viewer Instructions . If you in the e-log, . It's much easier to search for them later!
- Useful: Recent run history
- If a VME Power Supply has to be turned off in an emergency situation (e.g. problem with TPC PMTs) - turn off the regulate function first, then put the decreasing voltage values in the quick ramp window, go to 0 and then turn off!
At the end of the shift¶
- Make an entry in the e-Log using the form "Shift Summary" summing up the relevant information from the shift. For any other information to be posted in the e-Log during the shift use the "default" form.
Remember to call MCR at the beginning and ending of each shift!!!