LArIAT Run 2 Shifter Instructions » History » Version 80
LArIAT Run 2 Shifter Instructions¶
Remember to call MCR (x3721) at the beginning and ending of each shift!!!
Main Control Room (internationally) +1.630.840.3721
Please don't hesitate to contact the experts when something doesn't look right!!!
Before your first shift at LArIAT Check here so you're ready.
During the shift¶
The shifter is responsible to restart the run if it ends, and to ensure that the data are of the highest quality.
- If you have questions, call an expert! LArIAT Call List
- Or, you can use Google Hangouts: send an email to email@example.com to get invitation.
The Run Plan lists current and upcoming beam requests, along with the other MCenter activities going on.
Starting a new run¶
- Open in a new tab LArIAT DAQ Instructions and follow the instructions to start a new run.
- The DAQ should make an e-log entry for your automatically.
- Special cases:
During an ongoing run¶
- Monitor the beam status using the instructions in the Using ACNET for monitoring, namely
- the S60 page of ACNET and
- the profile plots for MC7WC1 and MC7WC2.
- From ~ftbf_user/acnet or ~lariat/acnet, run
./LArIATViewer.shto open the Synoptic displays.
- Run Status Webpage to monitor the run status (run number, number of spills, number of triggers, etc)
- Note that, on the Run Status Webpage, if the run time appears red, and the spills stop increasing, the run has come to a stop. It will also speak an audible alert, once.
- In order to get it running again, you can issue the 'lariatReset' command in the DAQ terminal, followed by 'go'.
- Sometimes the Run Status page freezes. If this happens, see if your DAQ command line has reset. If so, the run has ended. Follow above instructions.
- Did the run number fail to increment? If the number has reset to a low number such as 1 stop the run and then edit /opt/lariat-online/config/runNumber.dat to correct the run number. Start new run after.
- Online DQM to check basic data integrity.
- Use the event viewer to see TPC events. See Event Viewer Instructions . If you in the e-log, . It's much easier to search for them later!
- Useful: Recent run history
- If a VME Power Supply has to be turned off in an emergency situation (e.g. problem with TPC PMTs) - turn off the regulate function first, then put the decreasing voltage values in the quick ramp window, go to 0 and then turn off!
At the end of the shift¶
- Make an entry in the e-Log using the form "Shift Summary" summing up the relevant information from the shift (make sure to include the total trigger counts for the V1751s and V1740s). For any other information to be posted in the e-Log during the shift use the "default" form.
- IF NO SHIFTER IS TAKING OVER FROM YOU
- Call MCR to stop the beam