The proposal can be browsed at this link:
When browsing, you can download and view individual files.
To get the entire proposal you'll have to use svn. Instructions may be found here.
Aug 22: The proposal is not yet in a good enough shape to be widely read.
Note, the proposal is split up into multiple files and organized as:
- Introduction and Motivation (Kordosky)
- Project Objectives
- Physics Goals and Requirements (Kordosky)
- Detector Composition
- Cryogenic Systems (Rebel)
- Time Projection Chamber (Lang)
- Front-end Electronics (??)
- Readout Electronics (??)
- Light Detection (??)
- Data Acquisition (Kordosky/??)
- External Devices and Triggering (Kordosky)
- Slow Controls (??)
- Detector Operations (??)
- Data Analysis (??)
- Project Timetable (??)
- Budget Justification (Kordosky/Lang)
There are subdirectories for figures in the main text
fig/ and in the facilities section
I (Mike Kordosky) have associated names with each logical section. In the detector composition portion we need to say what it is that we want to buy/build, why it's the right thing, and what specific actions will be taken to build or commission the item. I need people who want a piece of the action to contribute to the sections labeled (??).
A partial description of what we want to buy is in the cost worksheet: export:trunk/documents/LArIAT_Phase2/testbeamcostworksheet.pdf
The costs in there came primarily from MicroBooNE's costing table: export:trunk/documents/LArIAT_Phase2/12-08-07-UB-Excel-1700.xls
The MicroBooNE TDR is extremely useful: export:trunk/documents/LArIAT_Phase2/uBooNE_TDRCD3.pdf
The LBNE CDR is quite useful: export:trunk/documents/LArIAT_Phase2/volume-4-LAr-rev1.pdf
The funding opportunity announcement (FOA) and proposal rules are here: export:trunk/documents/LArIAT_Phase2/SC_FOA_0000733.pdf
We need the following from all senior researchers(=tenured or tenure track):
- A biosketch, like mine: export:trunk/documents/LArIAT_Phase2/kordosky_bio.pdf export:trunk/documents/LArIAT_Phase2/kordosky_bio.tex
- A current and pending support, like mine: export:trunk/documents/LArIAT_Phase2/kordosky_candp.pdf export:trunk/documents/LArIAT_Phase2/kordosky_candp.tex
- please keep the naming convention XXX_candp.tex and XXX_bio.tex. The makefile relies on it.
- please make sure that what you send me complies with the rules in the FOA.
- A statement of previous accomplishments (results from previous support). 1 page max, likely to be cut down.
- The fraction of research time which will be spent on LArIAT. Split up by academic year and summer.
- What role you expect to play in the experiment.
We need the following from each institution:
- A facilities description, like mine: export:trunk/documents/LArIAT_Phase2/wm_facilities.pdf export:trunk/documents/LArIAT_Phase2/wm_facilities.tex
- Pictures or figures go in facfigs
- A human resources list: Who will work on the project? How much time will they spend? Listing "graduate student A" for future students is OK. I need this for three years.
- The contact details for your local sponsored programs office. A specific person is appreciated.