How to use the online monitoring » History » Version 20
- Table of contents
- How to use the online monitoring
How to use the online monitoring¶
The online-monitoring can be accessed from both off-site locations, though a web-browser, and on-site locations using either a web-browser or the Synoptic viewer (Java application).
1) Opening the web-viewer or the java viewer application¶
If you are off-site, you will only be able to look at the displays. No settings are possible from outside Fermilab.
1) Open a browser and go to the Synoptic website
2) Click on the LArIAT folder, this will expand the contents. Then click on the "Displays Main menu" link.
There are 2 possibilities, depending on whether you wish to only look at the displays or do settings / interact with the displays (i.e. zoom in, zoom out etc.)
1) If you only wish to look at the displays, please follow the procedure described in the previous section. Otherwise follow the next steps.
2) Get a Kerberos ticket, otherwise the viewer will shut down.
3) Open a browser and launch the viewer (Java required).
4) Click on the button shown by the arrow to get started.
Note: If this is not the first time you are opening a viewer, you will have a pop-up window showing the latest displays used. You can either choose the display you'd like to look at from there or you can just close that window and start from the beginning.
5) Expand the LArIAT folder by clicking (double-clicking) on it and open the displays main menu.
2) The displays main menu
Note: All the displays have a button that allows you to go back to the main menu, generally at the bottom right corner of the display.
3) Summary plots¶
Unless you need to change some setting, these are probably the displays you will need to look at most of the time.
4) A control display example¶
5) Closing / Restarting the displays (please read before closing any display!)¶
LArIAT contact: Flor de Maria Blaszczyk (Louisiana State University), firstname.lastname@example.org
Need a new display? Don't understand something? Please let me know! All suggestions and comments are welcome.
Synoptic support: email@example.com