V1 7 1¶
This is a major feature release.
The following methods have been modified since v1_4_1:
- locateFile and establishProcess now take optional schema arguments (added last parameter) to specify preferred URL schema for the resulting locations; possibilities are
- ls now correctly lists just whether a directory exists with recursion_depth = 0
- ls, mkdir, rmdir, etc. correctly listen to IFDH_FORCE in the environment.
The following methods have been added since v1_4_1:
- locateFiles does a batch lookup of locations of multiple files, and returns a filename -> location list map.
- more lets you view a file --
ifdh more /pnfs/nova/scratch/users/mengel/test.txtto read a text file
- checksum computes the SAM/enstore checksum for a file.
- pin lets you pin a /pnfs location for a given duration in seconds --
ifdh pin /pnfs/nova/scratch/foo.txt 3600will keep the file around for an hour.
- chmod lets you set unix permissions on a file or directory -- only the numeric form (i.e.
ifdh chmod 777 /some/where) of modes are supported currently
- rename does an atomic rename, i.e.
ifdh rename /some/path/a /some/path/b
- ll like ls gives you lists of files and also their sizes
- findMatchingFiles takes a directory path and a wildcard pattern, and looks 10 levels deep in the directories for files matching the pattern, and returns the filenames and sizes.
- fetchSharedFiles takes a list of files/sizes (as from ll or from findMatchingFiles) and arranges to have them visible locally, returning a new list of local file paths. It optionally takes a "schema" argument, allowing you to specify
xrootdif you want to use xrootd to access the files.
The latter two calls constitute our interface for shared/auxiliarry file access.
- gums mapping update -- full paths used in dcache gridftp
- bluearc unmount -- altenate mount point support