What to do on shift » History » Version 2
What to do while on shift¶
Before the start of your shift¶
- Check that all screens are present and correct, and that there are no alarms. Click here to see what should be in each screen.
- Talk to the outgoing shifter and find about any issues that occurred during the shift and anything else that you should be aware of during yours.
- Read the current running conditions and ECL entries for the last 24 hours, even if you were on shift on the previous day. Running conditions can change daily.
- Log in as yourself on any open ECL pages for speediness. This will save you time when filling the shift forms and reporting issues.
- Call the main Fermilab control room (x3721) and let them know that the new ICARUS shifter has arrived and inform it of the control room you are shifting from. This is specially useful as people from the main control room might call you to inform about any work that might affect the beam status or the experiment's operations in general.
Throughout the shift¶
Below is a list of the ECL forms that you should fill out throughout your shift. It is your responsibility to fill out all these forms during every shift. There are also other forms that you should fill out in certain situations and others that will be filled by experts.
Main ECL forms to be filled out during every shift¶
|Before the previous shifter leaves||Shift check-in||General||Control Room, General|
|Immediately after shift check-in||Start of shift||General||Control Room|
|In the last hout of your shift||Shift summary||General||Control Room|
|After the new shifter has arrived and you have handed things over||Shift check-ou||General||Control Room, General|