Liverpool Silicon Setup¶
- Si readout board needs to be connected via ethernet through switch or with twisted pair cable (primitive hardware fails otherwise)
- raspberry pi: mac address B8:27:EB:F8:A9:68. Username pi, Password gm2lp00l.
This is on 192.168.100.2 configured via the file /etc/network/interfaces
auto lo iface lo inet loopback iface eth0 inet static address 192.168.100.2 netmask 255.255.255.0 network 192.168.100.0 broadcast 192.168.100.255 gateway 192.168.100.1 allow-hotplug wlan0 iface wlan0 inet manual wpa-roam /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf iface default inet dhcp
- PC is SL6, gcc 4.4.6 (vs 4.4.7 on daq1) : ssh email@example.com (pass: tracker-module)from 128.40.4.x ie UCL HEP network.
This has installed gits of gm2-tracker-readout-daq, gm2daq-gm2ipbus, gm2midas, ROOT (v5.34.26), rootana in /home/g2ucl/g-2
The IpBus version is "trunk" (as of Mar 10 2015). All code compiled from source with gcc 4.4.6.
It also has a second ethernet card on the internal network with IP 192.168.100.1 via /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1
DEVICE="eth1" BOOTPROTO="static" IPADDR=192.168.100.1 NETMASK=255.255.255.0 HWADDR="00:1B:21:02:90:EB" NM_CONTROLLED="yes" ONBOOT="yes" TYPE="Ethernet" UUID="8d60bd54-317c-4d3c-aab3-05c33d73cf43"
- GLIB is running as 192.168.100.3. Note the GLIB IP communication only works with a GBit switch and not a 100 Mb switch.
- Raw ethernet socket privs
The raw ethernet socket executables can be run as a normal user provided they are modified (once) as root as follows:
sudo chown root executable-name sudo chmod ugo+s executable-name