Defining one skim¶
Here is an example of how to skim in late May, 2019 after the production team has finished reconstruction with two corrections applied:
- STDP = short term double pulse. This correction compensates for the pixel deadtime in the SiPMs when pulses in the same crystal are close in time.
- IFG = in fill gain. This correction compensates for gain sags due to rate, such as the flash at the beginning of the fill.
For the most recent data, I plan to do the following:
Get a list of files for a dataset.¶
For example, for the 9d gold data, run these commands:
bash-4.1$ source /grid/fermiapp/products/common/etc/setups.sh bash-4.1$ samweb -e gm2 list-definition-files gm2pro_daq_full_run1_9d_5039A_goldList > gm2pro_daq_full_run1_9d_5039A_goldList.txt bash-4.1$ head gm2pro_daq_full_run1_9d_5039A_goldList.txt gm2offline_full_19217504_16467.00355.root gm2offline_full_19217502_16419.00292.root gm2offline_full_19217509_16427.00311.root gm2offline_full_19217508_16374.00015.root gm2offline_full_19217501_16378.00489.root gm2offline_full_19217510_16396.00032.root gm2offline_full_19217511_16476.00305.root gm2offline_full_19217506_16526.00384.root gm2offline_full_19222495_16370.00381.root gm2offline_full_19222413_16368.00476.root
Read each of those files located under this directory:¶
unpack these records for data:¶
- For unixTimeFE and unixTimeFEFraction -- gm2common::GPSArtRecord_GPSUnpacker_GPSUnpacker0_offline
- For sequenceIndex -- gm2ccc::EncoderFC7ArtRecords_cccUnpacker_unpacker_offline
- For reconeast cluster time, energy, etc. -- gm2reconeast::GlobalFitArtRecords_caloTimeAlignment_corrector_offline
Note that this is NOT the correct one to use for reconeast now: