Muon g-2 Physics Analysis Workshop (Nov 2017)¶
Date: Nov 30, 2017
Time: 3:30 - 6:15 PM
Venue: One East (WH1E)
Slides in docdb¶
Abstract¶This tutorial has three proposes.
- First, it will introduce new collaborators or new-to-data-analysis collaborators to the analysis software environment of the Muon g-2 experiment.
- Second, it aims at giving new perspectives to experienced data analyzers regarding how one can analyze the data.
- Finally, it serves as a platform for analysis code developers and data analyzers to communicate ideas for a better data analysis flow.
- ROOT Installation: https://root.cern.ch/building-root
- ROOT for Windows: https://root.cern.ch/content/release-53436 (download root_v5.34.36.win32.vc12.exe)
- ROOT Primer: https://root.cern/guides/primer
Drop in Analysis Pre-Prep Help Desk
Problems with the installation? Please come to the Wilson Hall cafeteria on Wednesday, Nov 29, 2 PM.
Adam Lyon will provide assistance regarding technical problems.
- Previous workshop (Feb 2017) for data analysis using art framework: https://cdcvs.fnal.gov/redmine/projects/gm2analyses/wiki/AnalysisWorkshop2017Feb
- ROOT tips: https://cdcvs.fnal.gov/redmine/projects/gm2analyses/wiki/Some_useful_ROOT_tipstricks
Materials used in this tutorial are available in a zipped folder (2017Nov.zip) at the bottom of the page, or under
Please copy the zipped folder to your workplace (
MyWorkDir for example) using
cp /gm2/app/users/kkhaw/tutorial/2017Nov.zip ~/MyWorkDir unzip 2017Nov.zip
Session 1: Intro to g-2 analysis software and MC data analysis¶
Time: 3:30 - 4:30 PM
- Talk 1: Introduction (15')
- Talk 2: Intro to art gallery (15')
- Talk 4: Selected analysis topics (MC) (15', Hands-on)
Session 2: Commissioning run data analysis¶
Time: 4:40 - 5:40 PM
- Talk 1: Commissioning run event topology (15')
- Talk 2: Selected analysis topics (Data) (15', Hands-on)
- Talk 3: MC/data comparison (15', Hands-on)
- Talk 4: Jupyter Notebook (15')
Session 3: Wrap up/Discussion¶
Time: 5:45 - 6:15 PM
- Talk 1: Summary of lessons taught today (10')
- Talk 2: Feedbacks from the participants (10')
- Talk 3: Going forward for FY18 data analysis (10')