Meeting: Feb 26, 2016¶
Present: Parag Mhashilkar, Marco Mambelli, Kevin Retzke, Brian Bockelman
Topics to discuss¶
All the ideas below are not final and still in the evaluation phase
- Revamp monitoring code
- Make it easy for the VOs and operators to configure their own dashboard/webpages and also aggregate information from multiple sources
- Port existing content from RRDs to graphite backend
- Can we make graphite and garafana easily deployable and configurable?
- How do we handle the security of who can update? Does it support X509?
- Do we need individual servers or can we have central repositories well managed by groups like OSG, FNAL, etc
My crude notes
- Condor gangliad is supposed to be a generic condor monitord. Information available in the classads is periodically pushed to the ganglia or other monitoring backend. Should be in condor 8.5.3 - 8.5.4
- Instead of graphite, influxdb might be a better option. Investigate.