How to Run LOAF » History » Version 6
How to Run LOAF¶
- Check out the Fast MC as described on https://cdcvs.fnal.gov/redmine/projects/lbne-beamsim/wiki
- Go to the LOAF subdirectory directory
$ cd trunk/LOAF
- Build LOAF:
- Make inputs, or copy them from Dan's direcotry:
cp /dune/data/users/lblpwg_tools/FastMC_Data/globes_files/cherdack/Globes_Inputs/* /dune/data/users/lblpwg_tools/FastMC_Data/globes_files/<username>/Globes_Inputs/
- Make your output directory (if not running in batch mode, in which case this is done automatically):
mkdir -p /dune/data/users/lblpwg_tools/FastMC_Data/globes_files/ljf26/Globes_Output/<configuration_name>/
- Run LOAF.
./Analysis_tools <configuration_name> <delta_CP> <IH or NH> <outputfile>
The first argument is a configuration name, for example CDR_BASE_FullFD. Look in FastMC_GlobesParams.xml to see the available configurations, or add new ones. The configuration names appear between quotation marks on lines such as: <param_set name="Default">. The second argument is the true value of delta_CP in radians. The third argunment is the true mass hierarchy. The final argument is the name of a text output file that will be created.
- The output text file is a series of numbers. The identity of the numbers is given in:
That directory also has an image file comparing far detector energy spectra Markov data and Monte Carlo assuming delta_CP = 0 (this means the data and Monte Carlo will not match unless you have specified the true value of delta_CP to be zero.
- Run on the grid using SubmitNumFitter.sh. It will look for a file called dcp_list.dat. Each line of this file should contain a value of deltaCP. The script will submit a job for NH and IH, so the total number of jobs will be twice the number of lines. It will run an exclusion of deltaCP = 0 and deltaCP = pi for each one. The script that is called on the grid node is RunNumFitter.sh.
*Using split.C, in FullMCProcessing. The input files are MVASelect files, which should be merged with AnaTree eventually. The path is hard-coded into split.C. It needs to be run on the nue and numu near samples, and the commands are
$ root -l -q -b split.C\(\"nue\"\) $ root -l -q -b split.C\(\"numu\"\)
The stupid forward slashes are if you want to do it from the command line, otherwise you can open root and use .L. Then run the scripts run_dis.sh and run_app.sh:
$ . run_dis.sh $ . run_app.sh
This will take a long time. It will put stuff in LOAF_Inputs and LOAF_Inputs2. LOAF_Inputs2 needs to be copied to the Globes inputs area to run, which is /dune/data/users/lblpwg_tools/FastMC_Data/globes_files/$USER/Globes_Inputs