Meeting notes 2019-03-15 with Eric James¶
Meeting took place on March 15, 2019 at 13:00 in Eric James’ office (WH13NE)
Participants: Eric, Terri, Ron, Kurt, Bonnie, Pengfei
1. We want to get networking up and running. Discussed deliverables a few weeks back as a first step;¶
2. Eric will commit now to put in FTE starting on April 1st; can charge 50% of time each (Bonnie and Pengfei) over the next six month; can also back charge a bit as Bonnie and Pengfei has already started working on it;¶
3. There are a lot of uncertainties about what the plan is for Online Computing/networking. The first step is to attack the uncertainties with a 5-10 page interface document. The document should have the following details:¶
- What does the system look like from underground, to surface, to Fermilab; what are the hardwares required; how do things get connected; what is the bandwidth needed by different subsystems etc.
- What is the data path (detector data and operational control/monitoring) from the detector all the way to Fermilab?
- Which party (LBNF, DAQ, Fermilab SCD) is responsible for what parts, and what resources will they provide?
- Also take an initial pass about what the ingredient softwares needed for the system.
- In the beginning, to reduce complicity, the document should not consider too much about cryostat, slow control or building safety needs.
4. Timeline of the interface document¶
- Should have a first pass of the document before next collaboration meeting in May.
- Expect to have complete interface document before Summer.
5. Things needed when preparing the document:¶
- Sit with Terri to to go through the LBNF “90% design document” to understand what LBNF needs and is providing.
- Have a point of contact person from LBNF, DAQ and Fermilab Computing, and talk to these parties to understand everyone’s take on things.