Task list April 2017¶
Initial version, 05-Apr-2017, KAB
- develop and implement the model for distributing software packages to, and developing code on, the new CERN teststand computers
- run performance tests on the Atlas disk testbed computer
- [are there planned changes to DAQInterface?]
- assist Justo and Giles with the development of the TimingSystem FragmentGenerator
- configure the Oxford and CERN teststands to use the pull-data model for all but one BoardReader (ideally the TimingSystem BR, but another one could be used for testing)
- full implementation and use of MongoDB at test stand
Possible tasks; input on priorities would be helpful¶
- update the artdaq::Fragment header to support a 64-bit timestamp
- develop infrastructure for XON/XOFF messages
- develop the full DFO (one per partition); develop the infrastructure in the BoardReaders to notify the DFO about a new trigger
- switch to using art sub-processes, rather than thread, to support full reconfiguration of the system between runs without needing a system restart
- convert to using sockets rather than MPI for data transfer
- flesh out and implement event distribution ideas for real-time data quality monitoring
- refine our understanding of the configuration editing needs and options; possibly make improvements to the GUI editor
- implement forwarding of DAQ monitoring metrics to JCOP?
- gather requirements for summer running
- officially bundle uHal software?
- prepare and present a FragmentGenerator-developer tutorial?
- restore the "soft-init" (or similar) configuration step in artdaq to support quick re-initialization of a small set of configuration parameters between runs
Other possible items¶
- work with members of the DAQ and nearline/offline groups to develop the plan for
dune_raw_data(or whatever we decide do call the library of Overlay classes)
- help folks who are working on developing data quality monitoring modules with using software from CVMFS, etc?
- assist FELIX FragmentGenerator developers?