Accessing the DESpec Wiki at FNAL¶
Access to the wiki is via a Fermilab Services account. To get one of these do the following:
- Go to the web page
- Follow the instructions on this page. Most of you will not be logging into Fermilab computers so you can ignore the kerberos part. You do not need a cryptocard. Note that on the account request form there is a drop-down menu with the list of institution and experiment affiliations, please select Dark Energy Survey or E-939 (DES) Dark Energy otherwise there will be a delay in your ID request being routed to the correct person for approval. You will also need to put in a contact person. You may put my name down for that (Brian Nord, Nord@fnal.gov, ext. 6646)
- Please make a note of the automatically generated password that you will see on the ID request form. You will need it for the next step.
- Once you are notified that your Services account has been created you need to change the initial password (https://computing.fnal.gov/xms/Services/Getting_Services/Accounts_and_Passwords/Password_Change).
- You will need to login to the wiki for the first time so that you can be added to the DESpec group. This will give you access to the projects.
- To sign on click on the Sign In link on the top right of this page.
- After you have signed in for the first time you will need to notify Brian Nord (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that you can be added to the DESpec group.
- Your Services password expires every 6 months. You will receive an email alerting you to this. It will be sent to the email address that you used when you filled out the initial account request. If you change this email address then you should request that it be updated. If your account expires because your visitor ID expires then you can renew it on this web page http://computing.fnal.gov/xms/Services/Getting_Services/Forms/Renew_Fermilab_visitor_ID_and_computer_accounts