« Previous -
Next » -
Thomas Diehl, 09/05/2013 10:44 AM
Daily check list¶
- Check that all observers are present and roles are defined/understood
- Prepare the nightly plan page, including populating Almanac and Weather info
- Check the instrument status (read the logbook, talk to people)
- Check the DM status
- Check SISPI status
- Check what scripts are needed/present for calibration, SNe, main survey
- Send out the agenda for the 4pm meeting (if to occur) to email@example.com
- Check diskspace
If any disks are filling up (>90% for observer2, >93% for the pipeline
machines) send an email to Klaus and Ann.
- Restart sispi instance
- Point telescope to white spot and fire afternoon calibration scripts
- Chair the 4pm meeting
- Edit the observing plan if needed
- Perform the Late Afternoon Checklist in the logbook
- Check that the dome flats finished ok
- Perform the Beginning of Night Checklist in the logbook
- Write the Synopsis_Night logbook entry
- Keep the logbook
- Perform End Of Night Checklist in the logbook if the observers didn't do it.
- Publish the nightsum in the morning if the observers didn't do it.
- Complete CTIO end of night report if the observers didn't do it.