ATmCamInfo » History » Version 9
aTmCam daily checklist¶
Run manager is expected to check that the data taken by aTmCam from previous night are good.
The check is to be done every day before 4pm meeting.
http://atmcamdata.ctio.noao.edu/atmcam_summary/ (only accessible when you are within CTIO network)
There's one folder for each night in this directory. The folder is named in the manner of Julian Date-UT Date. The UT date should be the night when the observation starts (same as the definition for DES). For example, 2457043-20150120 mean that the results belong to data taken from the night 20140120.
Everyday afternoon, run manager should check that the results from previous night are good, when the weather is good and the dome is open for the previous night. To do so:
- Open a browser, go to http://atmcamdata.ctio.noao.edu/atmcam_summary/, scroll all the way down and find the date of previous night
- In the folder, open the image with name like *_plot_position.png. The image shows the scatter plots of the star position on 4 CCDs. The star position should be all close to the center of the CCD (see good example below). The color-coding is irrelevant. If only one or two dots are not near the center, that's OK. This could be a mis-detection due to the cosmic ray.
- If the weather from previous night was good but there's no plot, or there's nothing in the plot, or the star positions are scattered around, or the star positions are not near the center (see bad examples below), then email Ting Li (firstname.lastname@example.org) or find her on skype using the skype on the Observer1 computer.
Good examples, see
http://atmcamdata.ctio.noao.edu/atmcam_summary/2457017-20141225/2457017-20141225_plot_position.png (scatter around)
http://atmcamdata.ctio.noao.edu/atmcam_summary/2457012-20141220/2457012-20141220_plot_position.png (not in the center)
DES Observer 1 is expected to check that the dome for aTmCam is open and that 4 cameras are powered.
The check is to be done every night after DES observing has started. (after you enable obstac)
There are two files that you need to check:
obsdome.log is to log when the dome of aTmCam open and close
obsccd.log is to log when the instrument is powered on/off and starts/stops observation
These logs can only be seen within CTIO network, normally.
- To check if the dome for aTmCam is open, please go to:
and scroll all the way down and find some words like "south panel open" and "north panel open" and check that this is the latest action and the time (in UTC) of these actions are from the evening of today (maybe 1-2 hours before you check). If the dome is not open, then ask Telops to open it.
- To check if the cameras are powered on, please go to:
and scroll all the way down and find some words like "Establishing a link to the USB 1/2/3/4 Camera" and "Link Established to Camera" and check that this is the latest action and the time (in UTC) of these actions are from the evening of today (maybe 1-2 hours before you check). Make sure that all 4 cameras are connected.
- if either of these is not OK (i.e. dome cannot open or cameras are not powered on) email Ting Li (email@example.com) or find her on skype using the skype on the Observer1 computer.
- if everything is working, then put a new entry in the elog saying "aTmCam is checked".