Nightly Observing Plan for MJD 57357 (starting evening of Nov 30th)¶
- Christopher Bonnett (Observer 1)
- Antonella Palmese (Observer 2)
- Kathy Romer (Run Manager)
- Carlos Corco 4M Floater Operator
- Claudio Aguilera - Operator
- Manuel Hernandez // Obs, Support
mjd 57357, date 20151130, Site CTIO, UT-offset 3 hr Current local time 15:51 CLST UT 18:51 SidTim 18:46 Sunset 20:37 CLST 23:37 UT SidTim 353 deg Eve. -10 21:17 CLST 00:17 UT SidTim 3 deg Zeropoint; standards Eve. -14 21:40 CLST 00:40 UT SidTim 9 deg Begin obstac Eve. -18 22:03 CLST 01:03 UT SidTim 14 deg Last chance standards Moonrise 00:39 CLST 03:39 UT SidTim 54 deg Midpoint 01:32 CLST 04:32 UT SidTim 66 deg Morn -18 05:00 CLST 08:00 UT SidTim 119 deg Begin astronomical twilight Morn Std 05:23 CLST 08:23 UT SidTim 125 deg End obstac; begin standards Morn -10 05:46 CLST 08:46 UT SidTim 130 deg Sunrise 06:26 CLST 09:26 UT SidTim 140 deg Moon position (deg): RA 137.0, Dec 13.6 Phase: 0.624
- Mostly clear in the afternoon, but clouds are building to the East and by dinner it was thick to ~15degrees above horizon. No wind.
- Forecast looks OK till dawn, or just before, then clouds are forecast.
- Detailed hourly forecast | Satelite maps
Observing Plan and Goals for the Night¶
- evening standards
UT Date = '2015/12/01 00:17' Local time = 21:17 SDSSJ0320-0000 ra 03:20:00 dec +00:00:00 secz 1.7 SDSSJ2140-0000 ra 21:40:00 dec +00:00:00 secz 1.5 SDSSJ0000-0000 ra 00:00:00 dec +00:00:00 secz 1.2
- morning standards (if clear) [grizY ordered scripts]
UT Date = '2015/12/01 08:23' Local time = 05:23 C26202/HST ra 03:32:30 dec -27:46:05 secz 2.1 SDSSJ1048-0000 ra 10:48:00 dec +00:00:00 secz 1.5 SDSSJ0843-0000 ra 08:43:00 dec +00:00:00 secz 1.2
Notes from the 4PM Meeting and Additional Comments.¶
Observers reported a delay between "enabling auto" and scripts appearing in the window (of 15 minutes). This is probably not a problem after all and was a result of their being a "break" after the standard star script.
Also discussed the fact that slit was partially obscuring the FOV at ~1am local time. Image numbers from around that time have been examined and show no obvious features, but the list has been sent to Douglas Tucker.
Unfortunately our run of good weather might be coming to an end. Clouds are forecast starting ~6am local time and look to continue through to Wednesday.
Notes from Observers¶
See Night summary