Nightly Observing Plan for MJD 57397 (starting evening of 2016/01/09)¶
- Ana Isabel Salvador (Observer 1 / RM)
- Vinu Vikraman (Observer 2)
- Hernan Tirado
- Carlos Corco
mjd 57397, date 20160109, Site CTIO, UT-offset 3 hr Current local time 19:46 CLST UT 22:46 SidTim 01:18 Sunset 20:57 CLST 23:57 UT SidTim 37 deg Eve. -10 21:37 CLST 00:37 UT SidTim 47 deg Zeropoint; standards Eve. -14 21:59 CLST 00:59 UT SidTim 53 deg Begin obstac Eve. -18 22:23 CLST 01:23 UT SidTim 59 deg Last chance standards Midpoint 01:50 CLST 04:50 UT SidTim 111 deg Morn -18 05:17 CLST 08:17 UT SidTim 162 deg Begin astronomical twilight Morn Std 05:41 CLST 08:41 UT SidTim 168 deg End obstac; begin standards Morn -10 06:03 CLST 09:03 UT SidTim 174 deg Sunrise 06:44 CLST 09:44 UT SidTim 184 deg Moon position (deg): RA 292.1, Dec -16.6 Phase: 0.013
- Clear night
Observing Plan and Goals for the Night¶
- evening standards (if clear) [Yzirg ordered scripts]
UT Date = '2016/01/10 00:37' Local time = 21:37 SDSSJ0000-0000 ra 00:00:00 dec +00:00:00 secz 1.7 SDSSJ0100-0000 ra 01:00:00 dec +00:00:00 secz 1.4 SDSSJ0320-0000 ra 03:20:00 dec +00:00:00 secz 1.2
- middle of the night standards (if clear) [grizY ordered scripts]
UT Date = '2016/01/10 04:30' Local time = 01:30 SDSSJ1048-0000 ra 10:48:00 dec +00:00:00 secz 2.1 MaxVis ra 06:30:00 dec -58:45:00 secz 1.1
Notes from the 4PM Meeting and Additional Comments.¶
Notes from Observers¶
1. I think there may be problems in the inner radius of RASICAM. It always shows larger clouds in the center. If it is a reported issue please ignore that.
2. A minor point: Some discrepancies between RASICAM on web server (http://rasicam.ctio.noao.edu/RASICAMWebService/static/RASICAMwebService.html) and when using the command rasicam.sh in the terminal, especially, when plotting the position of the Blanco field of view. I checked whether it is the problem with the UT time, but it doesn't.
3. Another minor point: The quick reduce PSF tab has two right hand bars which show FWHM and Ellipticities using some filters. However, those color codes don't match with the original plots. E.g. u-filter is shown as 'green' but it should be 'blue'