CarlosVersion » History » Version 2
Contact: Liz Buckley-Geer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Access to the various DES services is via a Fermilab Services account. To get one of these do the following:
- Go to the web page https://fermi.service-now.com/kb_view.do?sysparm_article=KB0010797
- Follow the instructions on this page. You will most likely be an off-site visitor. Eventually you will get to this form: https://fermi.service-now.com/new_acct_request.do
- Note that on the account request form there is a drop-down menu with the list of institution and experiment affiliations, please select Dark Energy Survey or E-939 (DES) Dark Energy otherwise there will be a delay in your ID request being routed to the correct person for approval. You will also need to put in a contact person. You may put my name down for that (Liz Buckley-Geer; email@example.com; x8650).
- Please make a note of the automatically generated password that you will see on the ID request form. You will need it for the next step. WARNING: This temporary password will expire if you don't complete the next step in less than a week.
- You will receive an email from Fermilab telling you that your account is now created.
- Call the Service Desk on (+1)630-840-2345to receive your passwords (passwords are not sent by email).
- Once you receive this email you need to change the initial password (https://passwordreset.fnal.gov/showLogin.cc). When you register with the password reset tool you should select the SERVICES domain.
- Once your SERVICES account has been created the following things will happen
- You will be added to the DES group so that you can access the private Redmine Wiki pages
- You will be entered into the DES membership DB
- You will be added to the main DES mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will be added to the DES group so that you can access the Science Portal currently located at FNAL
- A request for a DESDM account will be sent to NCSA.
- You will receive an email with the details listed above.
- You will receive a separate email from DESDM once your account has been created. For additional DESDM items beyond the basic account there is a separate form
- Your Services password expires every 6 months. You will receive an email alerting you to this. It will be sent to the email address that you used when you filled out the initial account request. If you change this email address then you should submit a Service Desk ticket and request that it be updated. Your ID also expires periodically. If your ID expires you will lose access to Redmine. You will receive an email alerting you to the expiry of your ID - it also uses the email you supplied in your account request. DO NOT IGNORE IT. If your account expires because your visitor ID expires then you can renew it on this web page https://fermi.service-now.com/renew_acct_request.do