Template Resource Needs¶
Each of the SV Requirements / Goals will need a page describing what is needed to conduct the test or meet the goal. Here is a suggested breakdown. In the near term, we are most concerned with the data processing needs (i.e. what will DESDM or some alternative pipeline need to do).
Of course the answers to many of these questions will not be known until we proceed further in our planning, but we should fill in what we know.
Number/name of Requirement or Goal:¶
- Field(s) to observe:
- Number, duration of exposures per filter:
- Dithering / tiling pattern:
- Sky conditions needed (seeing, photometric, moon phase, etc:):
- Other timing constraints:
Data processing needs¶
Which of the following products would you need to conduct the test:
- Raw images available at some off-mountain site?
- Images with cross-talk, debias, trim, dome-flat correction?
- Images with an "illumination" or "star" flat applied for better relative photometry?
- Single-exposure object catalogs?
- with astrometric solution accurate to:
- and photometric zeropoint accurate to:
- Only need bright stars, or also want galaxy magnitudes?
- Registered stacked images (co-adds)?
- PSF homogenization needed?
- Catalogs from coadds?
- with photometric zeropoint (and/or colors) accurate to:
- Weight maps?
- Bad & saturated pixels?
- Bright-star exclusion zones?
- Polygon masks?
- Difference images?
- Further SN data products:
Telescope or other engineering data¶
External data sets¶
Codes and scripts for analysing the test data¶
Are there real-time decisions to be made during the observations?
How quickly can / must the data be available and analysed?
Who will do it, and where?