Standard Star Photometry¶
Standard Star Lists¶
SDSS griz + UKIDSS Yab¶
RASICAM Video Archive¶
Overview of Photometric Standards Module (PSM) Results:¶
- 2012-11-01: excellent!
- 2012-11-02: very good!
- 2012-11-03: excellent!
- 2012-11-04: g has strange residuals vs. x,y position on focal plane; otherwise very good!
- 2012-11-05: excellent!
- 2012-11-06: excellent!
- 2012-11-07: bad - solutions affected by light clouds (cirrus) at beginning of night
- 2012-11-08: very bad - solutions affected by light clouds (cirrus) during second half of night
- 2012-11-09: fits appear to be good, but the results are weird (e.g., very large extinctions)
- 2012-11-10: generally very good; z-band fit is OK, but not great.
- 2012-11-11: good in g, OK in r, possible evidence of a jet contrail or band of cirrus passing through i and z std star exposures
- 2012-11-12: very good!
- 2012-11-13: very good in g,i,z; OK in r
- 2012-11-14: excellent!
- 2012-11-15: excellent! Poor astrometry(?) in CCD 61.
- 2012-11-16: very good in i, OK in g and r, marginal in z; high values for first-order extinction (k) in all filters. Poor astrometry(?) in CCD 61.
- 2012-11-17: very good in g,r,i; OK in z. Poor astrometry(?) in CCD 61.
- 2012-11-18: excellent! Poor astrometry(?) in CCD 61.
- 2012-11-19: excellent in g, i, z; very good in r. Poor astrometry(?) in CCD 61.
- 2012-11-20: PSM was not run on this night due to insufficient number of standard star frames (from the DESDM SV-Nov2012-A FirstCut Production Runs webpage
- 2012-11-21: excellent!
- 2012-11-22: not so good, especially in r; a band of cirrus or a jet contrail affecting some of the standard star observations???
- 2012-11-23: very good.
- 2012-11-24: reasonably good -- but TASCA showed a fair amount of cirrus (apparently when standard star fields were not being observed)
- 2012-12-02: excellent in g, r, i; very good in z.
Detailed Night-to-Night Results¶
- Photometric calibrations from SV Nights 1 and 2 (Report to Calibration Group, 9 Nov 2012)
- StarFlatResiduals.tar.gz : gzipped tar file containing all the good-solution residual tables from Nov 1-19 (use columns "res", "X", "Y" for generating a first-iteration star flat illumination correction).
- PSM_res_Nov1-6i.tar.gz : same as StarFlatResiduals.tar.gz, but using updated standard stars table ("Marriner Stripe 82"), and only for i-band date and only including good-solution residual tables from Nov 1-6.
- PSM_res_Nov1-6i-New.tar.gz : same as PSM_res_Nov1-6i.tar.gz, but with additional columns for the CCD coordinate system (x_ccd, y_ccd) as well as in the Focal Plane coordinate system (X_fp, Y_fp).
- Zeropoint trends for Nov 1-19 (Added 26 Dec 2012)
- StarFlatResiduals-Y.tar.gz : gzipped tar file containing all the good-solution residual tables from Nov 1-19 for Y-band (use columns "res", "X", "Y" for generating a first-iteration star flat illumination correction).
Mean Photometric Standard Star Module (PSM) Solutions (mean zeropoints, color terms, extinctions) for Nov 1-19, 2012¶
The following take DECam instrumental mags and convert them into SDSS ugriz (and UKIDSS Yab) mags,
using the site/instrument-average zeropoints, color terms, and extinctions for the nights of
Nov 1-19, 2012:
The zeropoints assume sextractor was run on the data using the default sextractor
zeropoint of 25.0. See Slides 13 and 14 of DES-docdb#7207 --
- http://des-docdb.fnal.gov:8080/cgi-bin/ShowDocument?docid=7207 (internal DES)
- http://des-docdb.fnal.gov/cgi-bin/ShowDocument?docid=7207 (public)
-- on the format of the photometric equations.