SV Notes for MJD 56239 (starting evening of November 7)¶
|Observer 1||Observer 2||Run Manager||SISPI Expert on Call||Eyeball Squad||QR|
|Soares Santos||Depoy / Martini||Diehl||Honscheid||Gruen||Angelo|
DECam Configuration and Setup¶
|SISPI Configuration File||sv.ini|
|Image Processing (Calibration)||NCSA|
|Image Processing (First Cut)||NCSA|
Twilight ends 21:40, middle of night to hand over to community SV at 01:26 (but delayed if there is TCS/guider work)
Moonrise at 02:43 38% illuminated, 116 degrees away from our Mini-Survey field on Stripe 82. Dark for our full half-night!
Observing Plan and Goals for the Night¶
- Standard bias and dome flat sequence during afternoon
- Please try to get dome open for temperature equilibration at earliest appropriate time, be sure all cooling/ventilation systems are on.
- Check on DIMM status, running if at all possible. [Jiangang: I noticed the DIMM seeing changes over the past 3 days, but they change once and fixed there. See my attached image]
- Make sure RASICAM is online if weather conditions permit.
- A few times per night ask the operator to contact the other telescopes on Tololo to get their seeing value. Record those in the eLog.
Expectation for tonight is to have same pointing/tracking behavior as last night: very poor pointing, tracking/guiding sufficient to hold PSF ellipticities <=0.15.
- Photometric standards sequence as soon as dark enough (grizY in 3 fields at different airmasses, preferably one at X < 1.25, one at X = 1.25-1.65 and one at X > 1.65). Follow link for the suggested fields and scripts. Douglas suggests standards can begin 30 min before astronomical twilight.
- SN Templates Take exposures of deep SN fields (except u band). This includes the supplementary observations required to reach full depth of the Main Survey in each field, so that these images can be used for photo-z and other tests as well as SN templates.
- If clear but seeing >1.2", take data for Seeing_Tests, i.e. do the other fields at higher priority than reaching full SN template depth on SN/VVDS fields.
- If thin clouds, any seeing, begin MiniSurvey
- Thicker clouds: DECal sweeps
- Photometric standards before handover time if photometric or thin clouds.
Notes from the 4PM Meeting and Additional Comments¶
Notes from Observers¶
The peak on FWHM and Ellipticity around MJD 56239.15 is because we was monitoring the problematic CCD 61(N30) at this time which affected the statistics.
See more information about this particular CCD at:
TASCA b-filter animated GIF for this night (time stamps in UT):