SV Notes for MJD 56236 (starting evening of November 4)¶
|Observer 1||Observer 2||Run Manager||SISPI Expert on Call||Eyeball Squad|
|Soares Santos||Depoy||Soares Santos||Honscheid||Romer|
DECam Configuration and Setup¶
|SISPI Configuration File||sv.ini|
|Image Processing (Calibration)||NCSA|
|Image Processing (First Cut)||NCSA|
Twilight ends 21:36, middle of night to hand over to community SV at 01:26
Moonrise at 00:51, 68% illuminated, 80 degrees away from our Mini-Survey field on Stripe 82.
Observing Plan and Goals for the Night¶
- Standard bias and dome flat sequence during afternoon
- Please try to get dome open for temperature equilibration at earliest appropriate time, be sure all cooling/ventilation systems are on.
This plan is with the expectation that guiding and tracking are both too poor to obtain any meaningful long exposures. If the guiding/tracking issues are resolved, we can revert to the SV_11_2 plan of obtaining SN Template observations in good conditions.Monitor Conditions:
- Check on DIMM status, running if at all possible.
- Make sure RASICAM is online if weather conditions permit.
- A few times per night ask the operator to contact the other telescopes on Tololo to get their seeing value. Record those in the eLog.
If good conditions - sky is clear or thin clouds, and seeing is <=1.4":
- Photometric standards sequence as soon as dark enough (grizY in 3 fields at different airmasses, preferably one at X < 1.25, one at X = 1.25-1.65 and one at X > 1.65). Follow link for the suggested fields and scripts. Douglas suggests standards can begin 30 min before astronomical twilight.
- Repeat standards hourly if the night is photometric, ask for as many in AM hours as Dara is willing to provide.
- StarFlat sequences of 20 wide dithers in each grY (g and r first, with Moon down). Move to lowest accessible Galactic latitude (b>=10 degrees) to increase stellar density w/o crowding. Should take ~20 x (80+30)s = 37 min per filter, ~3 hrs total.
- Polar Axis determination exposures.
- If seeing is <1.1" and reasonably stable, take series of Alignment_Observing in i band to check relative focus of science array and F/A chips, and to characterize PSF response to motion in all degrees of freedom on hexapod.
- Photometric standards at evening and 1:10 AM if thin clouds or clear
- Take StarFlat sequence if thin clouds or clear
- Polar Axis determination
- DECal sweeps that were not completed during commissioning
Notes from the 4PM Meeting and Additional Comments¶
Notes from Observers¶
Here is Night Summary