SV Notes for MJD 56256 (starting evening of November 24)¶
|Observer 1||Observer 2||Run Manager||SISPI Expert on Call||Eyeball Squad||QR|
DECam Configuration and Setup¶
|SISPI Configuration File||sv.ini|
|Image Processing (Calibration)||NCSA|
|Image Processing (First Cut)||NCSA|
Twilight ends 21:57, middle of night to hand over to community SV at 01:29
Moonset at 04:40 89% illuminated, Bright night
Observing Plan and Goals for the Night¶Install new hexapod LUT to validate before TCS engineering nights.
- Standard bias and dome flat sequence during afternoon (no more u band)
- Please try to get dome open for temperature equilibration at earliest appropriate time, be sure all cooling/ventilation systems are on.
- Make sure RASICAM is online if weather conditions permit.
Expectation for tonight is clear weather, decent seeing, tracking with modest ellipticity (<~0.1), poor tracking N of zenith.
Obstac should be configured to allow observations to X<1.5Prioritization for tonight's observations:
- Photometric standards sequence as soon as dark enough (ugrizY in 3 fields at different airmasses, preferably one at X < 1.25, one at X = 1.25-1.65 and one at X > 1.65) and again at handover to Dara. Conditions: clear or thin clouds, any seeing.
- Filter donuts: 30s exposure 1500 um out of focus in filters gizY. Also take 1 r-band donut at each science pointing to confirm LUT. Conditions required: anything but thick clouds.
- Sky_Brightness_Measurements At fields from Paul. Conditions: clear, after twilight.
- Southern cluster fields: Full-depth izY(r) imaging on RXT 2248.7-4431, and El Gordo, at dec < -40. Conditions: clear or thin clouds, images <1.2"
- Bullet cluster: Complete last 2 pointings in rizY.
- DECal sweeps Conditions required: Any.
Notes from the 4PM Meeting and Additional Comments¶
Notes from Observers¶
See Night summary