SV Notes for MJD 56253 (starting evening of November 21)¶
|Observer 1||Observer 2||Run Manager||SISPI Expert on Call||Eyeball Squad||QR|
DECam Configuration and Setup¶
|SISPI Configuration File||sv.ini|
|Image Processing (Calibration)||NCSA|
|Image Processing (First Cut)||NCSA|
Twilight ends 21:55, middle of night to hand over to community SV at 01:29 - will swap some ~12:00 time with Dara in exchange for time >2:00 when our low-latitude field is available to complete star flats and do stellar linearity test.
Moonset at 02:58 65% illuminated, 47 degrees away from our Mini-Survey field on Stripe 82, bright night
Observing Plan and Goals for the Night¶
Note no longer any need for u-band flats or standards
- Pinhole exposure: Pinhole filter, ~500 seconds? Alert Alistair of result.
- Low-level linearity test: u-band flats with range of ~100 to 3000 ADU.
- Standard bias and dome flat sequence during afternoon (no more u band)
- Please try to get dome open for temperature equilibration at earliest appropriate time, be sure all cooling/ventilation systems are on.
- Check on DIMM status, running if at all possible.
- Make sure RASICAM is online if weather conditions permit.
- A few times per night ask the operator to contact the other telescopes on Tololo to get their seeing value. Record those in the eLog.
Expectation for tonight is clear weather, decent seeing, tracking with modest ellipticity (<~0.1), poor tracking N of zenith.
Obstac should be configured to allow observations to X<1.5Prioritization for tonight's observations:
- Photometric standards sequence as soon as dark enough (ugrizY in 3 fields at different airmasses, preferably one at X < 1.25, one at X = 1.25-1.65 and one at X > 1.65) and again at handover to Dara. Conditions: clear or thin clouds, any seeing.
- Alignment_Observing. Conditions required: Clear or thin clouds, stable <1.2" seeing, hexapod responding to commands.
- Star_Flat_Observations in zY. Conditions required: clear or thin clouds, <1.6" seeing, low-latitude field (AM)
- Stellar linearity test: i-band exposures of rich star field down to 50 ADU bgrnd. Conditions required: clear or thin clouds, <1.6" seeing, low-latitude field (AM)
- SN_Observing. E1 griz Conditions required: Clear or thin clouds, any seeing.
- Observe MiniSurvey under OBSTAC control, should be doing izY in both 1a and 1b fields. Conditions required: clear or thin clouds, seeing <1.6".
- SN_Observing. C3 iz Conditions required: Clear or thin clouds, <1.6" seeing.
- Filter donuts: 30s exposure 1500 um out of focus in filters gizY. Conditions required: anything but thick clouds.
- DECal sweeps Conditions required: Any.
Notes from the 4PM Meeting and Additional Comments¶
Notes from Observers¶
See Night summary
TASCA b-filter animated GIF for this night (time stamp in UT):