SV Notes for MJD 56252 (starting evening of November 20)¶
|Observer 1||Observer 2||Run Manager||SISPI Expert on Call||Eyeball Squad||QR|
DECam Configuration and Setup¶
|SISPI Configuration File||sv.ini|
|Image Processing (Calibration)||NCSA|
|Image Processing (First Cut)||NCSA|
Twilight ends 21:54, We have the full night tonight. AM twilight 5:04
Moonset at 02:23 55% illuminated, 59 degrees away from our Mini-Survey field on Stripe 82. Grey/bright, then moon down
Observing Plan and Goals for the Night¶
- Standard bias and dome flat sequence during afternoon
- Please try to get dome open for temperature equilibration at earliest appropriate time, be sure all cooling/ventilation systems are on.
- Daytime: Measure BCAM response to hexapod motions.
- Check on DIMM status, running if at all possible.
- Make sure RASICAM is online if weather conditions permit.
- A few times per night ask the operator to contact the other telescopes on Tololo to get their seeing value. Record those in the eLog.
Expectation for tonight is clear weather, decent seeing, tracking with modest ellipticity (<~0.1), poorer tracking N of zenith?
Note: SN observations are particular about the pointing, but it is ok to accept whatever pointing the telescope produces when doing standards and minisurvey.
Obstac should be configured to allow observations to X<1.5Prioritization for tonight's observations:
- Photometric standards sequence as soon as dark enough (ugrizY in 3 fields at different airmasses, preferably one at X < 1.25, one at X = 1.25-1.65 and one at X > 1.65) and again at handover to Dara. Conditions: clear or thin clouds, any seeing.
- Free-running guider - 2 x 5 min exposures in r with guider running with no latency, 0.1 feedback, 1s repetition.
- SN_Observing. griz visit to E1 field (just before twilight ends). Conditions required: Clear or thin clouds, seeing <1.6".
- Sky_Brightness_Measurements. ugrizY measures of sky brightness in 3 fields. Conditions required: Clear, any seeing.
- Build Hexapod LUT Conditions required: clear or thin clouds, seeing <1.6".
- Star_Flats Observe grizY star flats / astrometric calibrations at 06:30 -35. Conditions required: Clear or thin clouds, seeing <1.4".
- Alignment_Observing. Conditions required: Clear or thin clouds, stable <1.2" seeing,
- Observe MiniSurvey under OBSTAC control, should be doing izY in both 1a and 1b fields. Conditions required: clear or thin clouds, seeing <1.6".
- DECal sweeps Conditions required: Any.
Notes from the 4PM Meeting and Additional Comments¶
Notes from Observers¶
See Night summary
TASCA b-filter animated GIF for this night (time stamp in UT):