SV Notes for MJD 56251 (starting evening of November 19)¶
|Observer 1||Observer 2||Run Manager||SISPI Expert on Call||Eyeball Squad||QR|
DECam Configuration and Setup¶
|SISPI Configuration File||sv.ini|
|Image Processing (Calibration)||NCSA|
|Image Processing (First Cut)||NCSA|
Twilight ends 21:53, middle of night to hand over to community SV at 01:28
Moonset at 01:47 44% illuminated, 72 degrees away from our Mini-Survey field on Stripe 82. All grey night
Observing Plan and Goals for the Night¶
- Standard bias and dome flat sequence during afternoon
- Please try to get dome open for temperature equilibration at earliest appropriate time, be sure all cooling/ventilation systems are on.
- Check on DIMM status, running if at all possible.
- Make sure RASICAM is online if weather conditions permit.
- A few times per night ask the operator to contact the other telescopes on Tololo to get their seeing value. Record those in the eLog.
Expectation for tonight is clear weather, decent seeing, tracking with modest ellipticity (<~0.1), poorer tracking N of zenith?
Note: SN observations are particular about the pointing, but it is ok to accept whatever pointing the telescope produces when doing standards and minisurvey.
Obstac should be configured to allow observations to X<1.5Prioritization for tonight's observations:
- Photometric standards sequence as soon as dark enough (ugrizY in 3 fields at different airmasses, preferably one at X < 1.25, one at X = 1.25-1.65 and one at X > 1.65) and again at handover to Dara. Conditions: clear or thin clouds, any seeing.
- SN_Observing. Single i-band exposure of new X1 position to look for Mira scattering. Conditions required: Clear or thin clouds, any seeing.
- SN_Observing. Finish X3 with z band. Conditions required: Clear or thin clouds, <1.6" seeing.
- Alignment_Observing. Conditions required: Clear or thin clouds, stable <1.2" seeing, hexapod responding to commands, BCAM data being logged. Details TBD
- Observe MiniSurvey under OBSTAC control, should be doing izY in both 1a and 1b fields. Conditions required: clear or thin clouds, seeing <1.6".
- DECal sweeps Conditions required: Any.
Notes from the 4PM Meeting and Additional Comments¶
Notes from Observers¶
See Night summary
TASCA b-filter animated GIF for this night (time stamp in UT):