SV Notes for MJD 56244 (starting evening of November 12)¶
|Observer 1||Observer 2||Run Manager||SISPI Expert on Call||Eyeball Squad||QR|
DECam Configuration and Setup¶
|SISPI Configuration File||sv.ini|
|Image Processing (Calibration)||NCSA|
|Image Processing (First Cut)||NCSA|
Twilight ends 21:46, middle of night to hand over to community SV at 01:27
Moonset at 19:13 1% illuminated, 164 degrees away from our Mini-Survey field on Stripe 82. Dark for our full half-night!
Observing Plan and Goals for the Night¶
- Standard bias and dome flat sequence during afternoon
- Please try to get dome open for temperature equilibration at earliest appropriate time, be sure all cooling/ventilation systems are on.
- Check on DIMM status, running if at all possible. [Jiangang: I noticed the DIMM seeing changes over the past 3 days, but they change once and fixed there. See my attached image]
- Make sure RASICAM is online if weather conditions permit.
- A few times per night ask the operator to contact the other telescopes on Tololo to get their seeing value. Record those in the eLog.
Expectation for tonight is clear weather, decent seeing, tracking with modest ellipticity (<~0.1)
Note: SN observations are particular about the pointing, but it is ok to accept whatever pointing the telescope produces when doing standards and minisurvey.
Priority for these dark nights is to obtain any remaining u observations, finish gr in the deep SN fields, and the take gr over the MiniSurvey1a region. Next priority is to get iz observations in the X3 and izY in C3 field - could do these when airmass is too large to do ug.Prioritization for tonight's observations:
- Photometric standards sequence as soon as dark enough (ugrizY in 3 fields at different airmasses, preferably one at X < 1.25, one at X = 1.25-1.65 and one at X > 1.65) and again at handover to Dara. Conditions: clear or thin clouds, any seeing.
- SN Fields Take iz for deep field X3 Conditions required: Clear or thin clouds, <1.6" seeing; do this while airmass of CXS fields is X>1.4, switch to ugr for X<1.4.
- SN Fields Complete ugr for the C3 field. Conditions required:_Clear or thin clouds, <1.6" seeing
- SN Fields Complete ugrY for shallow SN fields (S1 ugrY, S2 uY, C1 uY, C2 uY). Conditions required:_Clear or thin clouds, <1.6" seeing
- Observe MiniSurvey MS1a pointings, under OBSTAC control, should be choosing gr filters. Conditions required: clear or thin clouds, seeing <1.6".
- DECal sweeps Conditions required: Any.
Notes from the 4PM Meeting and Additional Comments¶
Notes from Observers¶
TASCA b-filter animated GIF for this night (time stamp in UT):