SV Notes for MJD 56243 (starting evening of November 11)¶
|Observer 1||Observer 2||Run Manager||SISPI Expert on Call||Eyeball Squad||QR|
|Honscheid||Martini||Honscheid / Gerdes||Honscheid||Gruen/March||Angelo|
DECam Configuration and Setup¶
|SISPI Configuration File||sv.ini|
|Image Processing (Calibration)||NCSA|
|Image Processing (First Cut)||NCSA|
Twilight ends 21:44, middle of night to hand over to community SV at 01:27
Moonrise at 05:19 5% illuminated, 164 degrees away from our Mini-Survey field on Stripe 82. Dark for our full half-night!
Observing Plan and Goals for the Night¶
- Standard bias and dome flat sequence during afternoon
- Please try to get dome open for temperature equilibration at earliest appropriate time, be sure all cooling/ventilation systems are on.
- Check on DIMM status, running if at all possible. [Jiangang: I noticed the DIMM seeing changes over the past 3 days, but they change once and fixed there. See my attached image]
- Make sure RASICAM is online if weather conditions permit.
- A few times per night ask the operator to contact the other telescopes on Tololo to get their seeing value. Record those in the eLog.
Expectation for tonight is clear weather, decent seeing, tracking with modest ellipticity (<~0.1)
Note: SN observations are particular about the pointing, but it is ok to accept whatever pointing the telescope produces when doing standards and minisurvey.Prioritization for tonight's observations:
- Photometric standards sequence as soon as dark enough (grizY in 3 fields at different airmasses, preferably one at X < 1.25, one at X = 1.25-1.65 and one at X > 1.65) and again at handover to Dara. Conditions: clear or thin clouds, any seeing.
- SN Templates Take griz for shallow field E2 Conditions required: Must be clear and <1.2" seeing; do this while other SN/MS fields are at too low airmass.
- SN Templates Take griz for deep field C3 and additional ugY exposures wanted for photo-z studies. Conditions required: Must be clear and <1.2" seeing, but do the uY observations in any seeing <1.6". Stick to riz until airmass < 1.3, emphasize ugr after.
- SN uY Take uY for shallow fields S1,S2,C1,C2. Conditions required: Clear, any seeing <1.6".
- SN Templates Take griz templates for shallow SN fields S1,X1,X2 Conditions required: Must be clear and <1.2" seeing, but do the uY observations in any seeing <1.6".
- Observe MiniSurvey MS1a pointings, under OBSTAC control, if it is successful. Conditions required: clear or thin clouds, seeing <1.5".
- DECal sweeps Conditions required: Any.
Notes from the 4PM Meeting and Additional Comments¶
Notes from Observers¶
TASCA b-filter animated GIF for this night (time stamp in UT):